Tuesday 6 October 2015

Mellieħa and St. Paul's Bay

With only a couple of days left on Malta, today I'm going to investigate Malta's best sandy beaches. Mellieħa is a large region so I rode the bus for about an hour until it reached a suitable beach, which turned out to be Għadira Bay. Here I found the rental umbrella or baked lobster variety of package tourism, complete with the AYCE buffet restaurants.

The water did look a lovely clear shade of aqua though, reminiscent of Balearic or Carribean waters.

A large Lascaris Red Tower overlooks the beaches from a hilltop.

So I caught the bus back and stopped at San Pawl (patron saint of cats and dogs, haha) Bay to take a few pictures.

Malta is believed to be the island where the apostle Paul was shipwrecked en route to Rome and worked his miracle of not succumbing to snakebite.

In the evening I rode the bus to Valletta again, dined, but only found restaurant musicians who played Nardis; the accordionist was having the night off. I was becalmed, waiting for a change of wind towards Cyprus.

No comments:

Post a Comment