Wednesday 7 October 2015

Last Gelato in Valletta

No, I don't think they will make a film of it.

So, it was my last evening on Malta and again I caught the bus to Valletta. Buses on the waterfront road are so packed during rush hours that I had to wait until about 1900 to set out. Unlike the night before, which was warm, sultry and without breeze, it was pleasantly cool and breezy tonight.

The problem though was that the culinary offerings were 50% Italian, 30% Maltese, and 20% something else, and I was sick of the first two. For the rest: fast food, no; Indian and Chinese, there are better in Australia; Greek, I'll be in Cyprus tomorrow night. In the end I settled for some crumbed plaice with salad and chips.

Hearing an electric mandolinist launch into pop oldies such at the Beatles' All You Need Is Love, Here There and Everywhere, and other standards like Hotel California, I decided to have a last gelato from Amorino's while listening. And so endeth the evening, and my sojourn in Malta.

No comments:

Post a Comment